Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to be a school where:
- All pupils are of equal value, are individuals and have the capacity to learn and to contribute to the school, to their home setting and to their community;
- All pupils are entitled to an outstanding education with the highest quality teaching and consistent nurturing;
- Pupils learn and thrive in an environment of high expectations and positive attitudes in which their communication and sensory needs are met and their achievements are recognised and valued;
- The best provision is delivered by highly motivated and well trained staff who are driven to assist our pupils in attaining self-confidence and to acquire skills that will help sustain them through life;
- We value a wide range of learning outcomes with literacy and numeracy at their heart; we recognise that a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum is essential for all learners and we will bring creativity and diversity to our curriculum offer; technology will be used to promote learning as well as being a tool through which to meet our obligations of accountability and reporting;
- We believe in equalities-informed values. We celebrate the diversity of our school population and seek to promote a sense of community, positive engagement and participation;
- We recognise the fundamental role of the family in promoting positive outcomes for our pupils and we will seek to work in partnership for the benefit of all.
Our values are the core beliefs that underpin the way we think and act:
- We have high expectations of ourselves and each other.
- We treat each other with respect, openness and integrity.
- We appreciate the individual and unique contribution that each pupil makes to the life of the school.
- We are positive about learning and recognise that we all continue learning throughout our lives.
- We recognise the achievements, no matter how large or small, of everyone.
- We celebrate the ethnic and cultural diversity of the school community.
- We offer equality of opportunity to all.
We hope that pupils, parents, staff and all of those with whom we engage will be proud to be a member of the wider Kingsweston community.